It's never too early to start developing good money management habits, and Northeast Credit Union has a savings account designed specifically for our younger members - My Funds Savings.
With a MyFunds Savings account, kids can:
Parents will also love this great savings account. MyFunds savings accounts:
- Are available to young people up to age thirteen.
- Offer a great rate of 1.52% APY* on the first $500 deposited.
- Do not have any monthly maintenance fees.
- Can be opened with as little as $5 dollars.
- Can be easily set up so that family members can make automatic deposits or transfers from their Northeast Credit Union account into the MyFunds account.
Get Your Young Saver Off to a Great Financial Start!
A Special Savings Account for College!
College Savings - Helps young savers plan for their future and rewards them with a $1,000 dividend gift!**
*Members who are 13 years of age and younger are eligible for the MyFundsSM Share Account. At the end of the month of the member's 14th birthday, the account will automatically convert to a rate Student Savings Share Account. The MyFunds Share Account is a variable rate account of 1.50% [1.52% Annual Percentage Yield (APY) effective as of January 1, 2011] for balances $0 to $500. A variable rate of .15% with an APY of .15% (effective as of October 1, 2010) applies to all MyFunds Savings balances $500.01 and over. These variable rates may change after the account is opened. Our dividends are calculated day of deposit to day of withdrawal; compounded and paid on the last day of the month. One MyFunds Share Account per qualifying member. Fees (specifically an Inactivity Fee) could reduce earnings on the account. For complete details, please speak with a Member Services Representative at 1-888-436-1847.